MMEA Vice-President: Elementary | 2022-2024
MMEA Vice-Presidents are elected by the MMEA membership and serve two-year terms.
*NOTE: MMEA Vice-Presidents serve as a voting members on the MMEA Board of Directors.
The MMEA Early Childhood/Elementary Vice-President is responsible for the following duties, each year during their two-year term:
- Represent all levels of Early Childhood/Elementary Music throughout the state.
- Attend MMEA Board of Director (February, April, August)
- Coordinate the selection process for two (2) performing ensembles (EC/E) for the Annual MMEA In-Service Workshop/Conference.
- Secure two (2) pre-session clinics in conjunction with the General Music Vice President.
- Secure and coordinate five (5) clinic sessions for the Annual MMEA In-Service Workshop/Conference.
- Preside over all Early Childhood/Elementary concerts and clinics at the Annual MMEA In-Service Workshop/Conference.
- Serve on MMEA officer recommendation (Odd numbered years).
- Select the Outstanding Music Educator and Outstanding Young Music Educator Awards.
MMEA Board of Directors Meetings
- Tan-Tar-A Conference Center
- 9:00am – End of Business
- A continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.
- Lodging (Optional)
- Board members may make lodging reservations (meeting date rate) by submitting the TTA Meeting Lodging Form below.
- The TTA Meeting Lodging Form must be made no later than 30 days prior to the meeting date.
- NOTE: Board members are responsible for TTA lodging expenses. (MMEA Does not reimburse for meeting lodging.)
- Mileage will be reimbursed at $.38 per mile.
- Mileage is calculated from the board member’s residence to TTA Conference Center.
- Milage requests must be submitted through the MMEA Website by the deadlines indicated.
- NOTE: Mileage reimbursement is forfeited if the request is not submitted by the corresponding meeting deadline indicated.
Use the forms below to submit BOD Meeting information.
←Submit Meeting Mileage Reimbursement
←Submit Meeting Report
←Submit Meeting Lodging Request (Optional)
*Note: MMEA does not reimburse for lodging expenses for BOD Meetings.
Missouri School Music Magazine
Budget: $1,000 (Total Clinician Fees)
# Clinic Sessions: 5
# Performing Ensembles: 2
*NOTE: Exhibitor “Expand Your Visibility” Sponsorships are not applied to the clinician/presenter agreement terms.
Conference Planning Information