MMEA Vice-President: Orchestra
MMEA Vice-President: orchestra
MMEA Vice-Presidents are elected by the MMEA membership and serve two-year terms.
The MMEA Orchestra Vice-President is responsible for the following duties, each year during their two-year term:
Position Summary: The MMEA Orchestra Vice President will oversee all aspects pertaining to Orchestra presentations at the annual Missouri Music Educators Association In-Service Workshop/Conference.
- Represent all levels of Orchestra throughout the state.
- Attend MMEA Board of Director Meetings (February, May, August).
*NOTE: MMEA Vice-Presidents serve as a voting members on the MMEA Board of Directors
- Coordinate the selection process for five (5) performing ensembles (Orchestra) for the Annual MMEA In-Service Workshop/Conference.
- Secure and coordinate four (4**) clinic sessions for the Annual MMEA In-Service Workshop/Conference.
- Preside over all Orchestra concerts and clinics at the Annual MMEA In-Service Workshop/Conference.
- Select Outstanding Music Educator and Outstanding Young Music Educator Award.
- Submit four articles for the Missouri School Music Magazine (February, April, August, November).
- Serve on MMEA officer recommendation committee. (odd numbered years)