MMEA Vice-President: Jazz | 2022-2024
MMEA Vice-Presidents are elected by the MMEA membership and serve two-year terms.
*NOTE: MMEA Vice-Presidents serve as a voting members on the MMEA Board of Directors.
The MMEA Jazz Vice-President is responsible for the following duties, each year during their two-year term:
- Represent all levels of Instrumental and Vocal Jazz throughout the state.
- Attend MMEA Board of Director Meetings (February, April, August).
- Submit four articles for the Missouri School Music Magazine (February, April, August, November)
- Coordinate the selection process for ten (3**) performing ensembles (Jazz) for the Annual MMEA In-Service Workshop/Conference.
- Secure and coordinate three (3**) clinic sessions for the Annual MMEA In-Service Workshop/Conference.
- Preside over all Jazz concerts and clinics at the Annual MMEA In-Service Workshop/Conference.
- Serve on MMEA officer recommendation committee. (Odd numbered years).
- Select Outstanding Music Educator and Outstanding Young Music Educator Award.
**See Conference Planning
MMEA Board of Directors Meetings
- Tan-Tar-A Conference Center
- 9:00am – End of Business
- A continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.
- Lodging (Optional)
- Board members may make lodging reservations (meeting date rate) by submitting the TTA Meeting Lodging Form below.
- The TTA Meeting Lodging Form must be made no later than 30 days prior to the meeting date.
- NOTE: Board members are responsible for TTA lodging expenses. (MMEA Does not reimburse for meeting lodging.)
- Mileage will be reimbursed at $.38 per mile.
- Mileage is calculated from the board member’s residence to TTA Conference Center.
- Milage requests must be submitted through the MMEA Website by the deadlines indicated.
- NOTE: Mileage reimbursement is forfeited if the request is not submitted by the corresponding meeting deadline indicated.
Use the forms below to submit BOD Meeting information.
←Submit Meeting Mileage Reimbursement
←Submit Meeting Report
←Submit Meeting Lodging Request (Optional)
*Note: MMEA does not reimburse for lodging expenses for BOD Meetings.
Missouri School Music Magazine
- Editor: Sally Hook | email@example.com
- MSM Webpage
- Instructions for Writers
- MSM Article Submission Form
- Article Submission Process
- All MSM articles must be submitted through the MMEA Website.
- An Article Submission Form must be submitted with each article.
Use the form below to submit Missouri School Magazine (MSM) Articles and corresponding Article Submission Forms.
Budget: $600 (Total Clinician Fees)
# Clinic Sessions: 3*
# Performing Ensembles: 3*
*The third clinic is to be used exclusively as a reading session, if accepted by the MMEA Jazz Vice-President. (If a reading session is not accepted, the third clinic session will not be scheduled.)
*The third jazz concert is to be used exclusively for vocal jazz, if accepted by the MMEA Jazz Vice-President. (If a vocal jazz ensemble is not accepted, the third jazz concert will not be scheduled.)
*NOTE: Exhibitor “Expand Your Visibility” Sponsorships are not applied to the clinician/presenter agreement te6
Conference Planning Information