MMEA Advisory Council: Multicultural Chair
MMEA multicultural chair
MMEA Advisory Council Members are appointed by the MMEA Vice-President and approved by the MMEA Board of Directors.
MMEA Advisory Council Members serve two-year terms coinciding with the MMEA Board of Directors’ term.
The MMEA Multicultural Chair is responsible for the following duties, each year during their
Position Summary: The MMEA Multicultural Chair shall assist in all matters pertaining to the teaching of music from diverse cultures.
- Research and advocate for music of unique cultural and ethnic heritage.
- Secure and coordinate one (1) clinic session for the Annual MMEA In-Service Workshop/Conference
- Preside over Multicultural clinic at the Annual MMEA In-Service Workshop/Conference
- Attend MMEA Board of Director Meetings (April, August)
- Submit four articles for the Missouri School Music Magazine (February, April, August, November)
*NOTE: MMEA Advisory Council Members serve in an advisory capacity and act as non-
voting members on the MMEA Board of Directors.