MMEA Advisory Council: Mentoring Chair
MMEA mentoring chair
MMEA Advisory Council Members are appointed by the MMEA Vice-President and approved by the MMEA Board of Directors.
MMEA Advisory Council Members serve two-year terms coinciding with the MMEA Board of Directors’ term.
The MMEA Mentoring Chair is responsible for the following duties, each year during their
Position Summary: The MMEA Mentoring Chair shall assist in all matters pertaining to mentoring young music teachers in the state of Missouri.
- Secure and coordinate one (1) clinic session for the Annual MMEA In-Service Workshop/Conference
- Preside over the Mentoring Clinic at the Annual MMEA In-Service Workshop/Conference.
- Maintain the New Teacher Resource page on the MMEA web site.
- Attend MMEA Board of Director Meetings (February, May, August)
*NOTE: MMEA Advisory Council Members serve in an advisory capacity and act as non-
voting members on the MMEA Board of Directors.
- Submit four articles for the Missouri School Music Magazine (February, April, August, November)