MMEA Advisory Council: Historian
MMEA Advisory Council Members are appointed by the MMEA Vice-President and approved by the MMEA Board of Directors.
MMEA Advisory Council Members serve two-year terms coinciding with the MMEA Board of Directors’ term.
The MMEA Historian is responsible for the following duties, each year during their
Position Summary: The MMEA Historian shall be in charge of obtaining articles/artifacts of interest and maintaining documentation pertaining to the history of MMEA. The Historian is in charge of updating, safeguarding and maintaining the MMEA archives.
- Collect and maintain all documents of historical significance to MMEA.
- Coordinate the MMEA History Room at the Annual MMEA In-Service Workshop/Conference.
- Administer and preside over the MMEA Service Award.
- Maintain and upgrade the MMEA archives.
- Attend MMEA Board of Director Meetings (May, August)
*NOTE: MMEA Advisory Council Members serve in an advisory capacity and act as non-voting members
on the MMEA Board of Directors.
- Submit four articles for the Missouri School Music Magazine (February, April, August, November)