2020 – Outstanding Music Educator
MMEA HONOR AWARD
MMEA Outstanding Music Educator
OBJECTIVE: To recognize and acknowledge the outstanding teaching of one or more music educators who have shown extraordinary success.
Must have completed at least 15 years of teaching.
At least 10 of those years must have been in a public or private Missouri institution.
Must be a current member of MMEA/ NAfME.
Must have been a member of MMEA for at least two years.
Exemplify the profession’s highest standards of teaching, learning and professionalism.
This award is intended to award and recognize outstanding teaching in all areas and not be awarded solely based on performing ensemble recognition.
- All materials and letters of recommendation should be submitted online through the MMEA Website.
- All applications and materials must be submitted by December 1.
- Nominations will be accepted from any current MMEA/ NAfME member.
- Each application should be accompanied by at least two letters of recommendation. It is recommended but not required that at least one letter of recommendation be completed by a current administrator or supervisor.
- The MMEA President will notify the recipient of the award.
- Recognition will take place at the First General Session of the annual MMEA In-Service Workshop/Conference.
- The recipient should make arrangements to be present to accept this recognition.
- Recognition of the recipient will also appear in the May issue of MSM magazine.