MMEA “Russell and Dorothy Chambers” Outstanding Contributor Award
russell and dorothy chambers outstanding contributor award
- To recognize an individual, organization, or corporation who/which has contributed in an extraordinary manner to the support of music education in the State of Missouri.
- The nominee can be an individual, business, or corporation that is not a music teacher or a member of MMEA.
- The nominee must have shown extraordinary support of music education in the State of Missouri.
Method of Nomination:
- Any MMEA member may nominate a candidate based on the criteria above.
- The nomination application must be completed online through the MMEA Website (mmea.net)
- Additional materials of support, including letters of recommendation may be electronically uploaded at the time of application.
- The deadline for application is November 1, 2017.
Method of Selection:
- A Selection Committee will be appointed by the MMEA Past-President to review award applications and make recommendations to the MMEA Executive Council for final consideration.
- The committee reserves the right to make no recommendation for an award recipient when appropriate.
Number of Awards to be Presented Annually:
- There will be no more than three recipients each year.
- The Chambers Award will be presented during the Third General Session of the annual MMEA In-Service Workshop/Conference.
- An article announcing the recipient(s) will be published in an appropriate issue of Missouri School Music.