2024 | Outstanding Young Music Educator Award
MMEA HONOR AWARD
David B. Goodwin
Outstanding Young Music Educator Award
OBJECTIVE: To recognize and acknowledge outstanding teaching of one or more young music educators who have shown extraordinary promise, diligence, and success.
- Must have completed at least 3 but no more than 7 years of teaching.
- At least two of those years must have been in a public or private Missouri institution.
- Must be a current member of MMEA/ NAfME.
- Must have been a member of MMEA/NAfME for at least two years.
- Exemplify the profession’s highest standards of teaching, learning and professionalism.
- This award is intended to award and recognize outstanding teaching in all areas and not be awarded solely based on performing ensemble recognition.
- All materials and letters of recommendation should be submitted online through the MMEA Website.
- All applications and materials must be submitted by December 1.
- Nominations will be accepted from any current MMEA/ NAfME member.
- Each application should be accompanied by at least two letters of recommendation. It is recommended but not required that at least one letter of recommendation be completed by a current administrator or supervisor.
- The MMEA President will notify the recipient of the award.
- Recognition will take place at the First General Session of the annual MMEA In-Service Workshop/Conference.
- The recipient should make arrangements to be present to accept this recognition.
- Recognition of the recipient will also appear in the May issue of MSM magazine.