2023 MMEA All-State | The Collective – Audition Information
85th MMEA In-Service Workshop/Conference
Grow MO: Telling Our Story and Influencing our Future
January 25-28, 2023
Tan-Tar-A Conference Center
Mmea all-state | “the collective”
Wednesday, January 25, 2023
8:00pm – Paradise Ballrooms
*Audition submissions: The audition window will be open from October 10, 2022 through November 10, 2022.
A complete audition will include all of the following:
- An original composition.
- This can be a performance of a full piece, an original beat, an improvised or composed solo, or anything else that is original and displays your technical abilities, musicianship, and creativity in your chosen style(s).
- An original creation based on the provided chord progression/audio file.
- Several versions of a short audio file are available for you to add to or manipulate. You may choose to use any version of the available files or are welcome to use only the provided chord progression.
- Vocalists can choose to create lyrics to sing or can create a melody using a neutral syllable (like ah). MCs should create lyrics.
- Producers/beatmakers can choose to add to the recording or are welcome to sample the recording.
- A fully completed audition form.
- $20 Audition Processing Fee.
*NOTE: All audition materials are to be submitted through the MMEA Website.
All auditions will be evaluated by three out-of-state artists.
One of the evaluators will be the clinician for the ensemble and the other two will be determined once all auditions have been submitted. This ensures that the committee includes individuals with the appropriate expertise to evaluate the submissions.
If you have any questions about the audition process please contact:
*Auditions for “The Collective” have closed.