MMEA Vice-President: Early Childhood/Elementary
MMEA Vice-President: early childhood/elementary
MMEA Vice-Presidents are elected by the MMEA membership and serve two-year terms.
The MMEA Elementary Vice-President is responsible for the following duties, each year during their two-year term:
Position Summary: The MMEA Early Childhood/Elementary Vice President will oversee all aspects pertaining to Elementary presentations at the annual Missouri Music Educators Association In-Service Workshop/Conference.
- Represent all levels of Early Childhood/Elementary education throughout the state.·
- Attend MMEA Board of Director Meetings (February, April, August).
*NOTE: MMEA Vice-Presidents serve as voting members on the MMEA Board of Directors
- Coordinate the selection process for two (2) performing ensembles (Elementary) for the Annual MMEA In-Service Workshop/Conference.
- Represent Elementary Music Education throughout the state.
- Secure and coordinate five (5) clinic sessions for the Annual MMEA In-Service Workshop/Conference.
- Preside over all Elementary concerts and clinics at the Annual MMEA In-Service Workshop/Conference.
- Select Outstanding Music Educator and Outstanding Young Music Educator Award.
- Submit four articles for the Missouri School Music Magazine (February, April, August, November).
- Serve on MMEA officer recommendation committee. (odd numbered years).