MMEA Past-President is elected by the MMEA membership and serves a six-year term to be served consecutively as MMEA President-Elect, MMEA President & MMEA Past-President.
The MMEA Past-President is responsible for the following duties, each year during their two-year term:
Position Summary: The MMEA Past-President serves as an advisor for all aspects of the Missouri Music Educators Association.
- Attend MMEA Board of Director Meetings (February, April, August).
*NOTE: The MMEA Past-President serves as a voting member on the
MMEA Board of Directors.
- Advise and assist the MMEA President as needed to ensure an effective transition and quality administration of the office.
- Serve as the Chair of the MMEA Budget/Financial Committee.
Coordinate/Administer the recruitment and selection of the MMEA Officer Candidate slate for the upcoming MMEA administrative term.
- Administer the MMEA Hall of Fame & MMEA Chambers Award Selection.
- Preside over the Third General Session at the Annual MMEA In-Service Workshop/Conference.
- Present the MMEA Hall of Fame & MMEA Chambers Award.
- Coordinate the MMEA Past-Presidents’ Dinner at the Annual MMEA In-Service Workshop/Conference.
- Submit four articles for the Missouri School Music Magazine (February, April, August, November) *Optional
Job Description: MMEA Past-President
MMEA Past-President Time Line
- MMEA Budget/Financial Committee
- Current Budget Working
- MMEA Officer Candidate Selection
- MMEA Awards
- MMEA Past Presidents’ Dinner