MMEA Advisory Council: Tri-M Chair
MMEA Tri-m chair
MMEA Advisory Council Members are appointed by the MMEA Vice-President and approved by the MMEA Board of Directors.
MMEA Advisory Council Members serve two-year terms coinciding with the MMEA Board of Directors’ term.
The MMEA Tri-M Chair is responsible for the following duties, each year during their
Position Summary: The MMEA Tri-M Chair shall assist in all matters pertaining to
Tri-M chapters in Missouri.
- The MMEA Tri-M Chair shall assist in all matters pertaining to Tri-M chapters including keeping records of state membership.
- Work with local advisors to develop membership initiatives and recruitment procedures.
- Report to Board of Director meetings chapter projects and membership totals.
- Secure and coordinate one (1) clinic session for the Annual MMEA In-Service Workshop/Conference.
- Preside over the Tri-M Clinic at the Annual MMEA In-Service Workshop/Conference
- Attend MMEA Board of Director Meetings (May, August)
- *NOTE: MMEA Advisory Council Members serve in an advisory capacity and act as non-
voting members on the MMEA Board of Directors.
- Submit four articles for the Missouri School Music Magazine (February, April, August, November)
Position Summary: The MMEA Music in Our Schools Month Chair shall assist in all matters pertaining to Music In Our Schools Month activities in Missouri.