MMEA Advisory Council: Advancing Music Education Chair
MMEA advancing music education chair
MMEA Advisory Council Members are appointed by the MMEA Vice-President and approved by the MMEA Board of Directors.
MMEA Advisory Council Members serve two-year terms coinciding with the MMEA Board of Directors’ term.
The MMEA Advancing Music Education Chair is responsible for the following duties, each year during their
Position Summary: The Advancing Music Education Chair shall assist in all matters
pertaining to advocacy, public relations, and government relations.
- Organize and conduct annual MMEA Music Advocacy Day at the Missouri State Capitol.
- Secure and coordinate two (2) clinic sessions for the Annual MMEA In-Service Workshop/Conference.
- Preside over Advancing Music Education clinics at the Annual MMEA In-Service Workshop/Conference
- Administer and present the MMEA Music Administrator of the Year and the MMEA Administrator of the Year Awards.
- Attend MMEA Board of Director Meetings (May, August)
*NOTE: MMEA Advisory Council Members serve in an advisory capacity and act as non-voting members on
the MMEA Board of Directors
- Submit four articles for the Missouri School Music Magazine (February, April, August, November).