Missouri All-State Children’s Choir: Auditions
Missouri All-State Children’s Choir
Wednesday, January 22, 2020
4:30pm – Paradise C Ballroom
Auditionees will submit an audio recording of “Happy Birthday” sung without accompaniment and in the key of their choice.
No talking is allowed on any part of the recording.
- Do NOT announce the name of the student, teacher or school on the audition recording.
- Do NOT speak to the student at the end of the recording.
- Do NOT provide vocal support for the student. This includes, but is not limited to, singing with them or humming along.
The students must record this song with NO accompaniment or other instrumental support.
Attention should be given to:
- Detailed pitch and rhythm accuracy
- Singing with a confident and pleasant vocal tone
|CATEGORY||LOW VALUE||HIGH VALUE|
Auditions will be disqualified for:
- Singing with accompaniment or other instrumental support
- The presence of any talking on the recording
Be sure to follow the audition process completely and meet the audition deadline to ensure that your student(s) recordings are heard and evaluated.
There will be a non-refundable audition fee per student. Those selected for the choir will incur a student participation fee.
A parent/legal guardian or school official will be responsible for the supervision, conduct, and behavior of its students during the entire MMEA All-State Children’s Choir.