2023 – Outstanding Music Administrator Award
MMEA HONOR AWARD
Outstanding Music Administrator Award
OBJECTIVE: To recognize a Department Chair, District Music Administrator, or Director of Fine Arts who has demonstrated exemplary support of music education.
- The nominee must have been the nominator’s music administrator for a minimum of four years.
- The nominator must be a current member of MMEA/ NAfME.
- If the nominee is selected, the nominator must be available to present the award at the Third General Session during the January MMEA Conference.
- All materials and letters of recommendation should be submitted online at mmea.net.
- All applications and materials must be submitted by December 1.
- Each application should be accompanied by a letter of recommendation from the nominator that illustrates the qualifications of the nominee. Include specific contributions and exemplary support demonstrated by the nominee that have been beneficial to music education and music educators in the department/district.
Significant contributions may include, but are not limited to:
- Commitment to and support of music education and music educators in the department/district.
- Staff development.
- Curriculum development.
- Growth of the individual music educator.
- Other accomplishments, recognitions and recommendations that the nominee has received that are related to music education.