2023 – Hall of Fame Award
MMEA HONOR AWARD
Hall of Fame Award
OBJECTIVE: To honor any individual who has made a lasting or enduring impact on the stature and condition of music education in the state of Missouri.
- This person may be:
- Alive or deceased
- Active or retired from service in the state of Missouri.
- Residency at the time of selection is not a pre-requisite.
- The candidate must have sustained ongoing membership in MMEA/NAfME.
- The candidate must have demonstrated, over an extended period of time, the ability to positively impact the personal and/or musical development of Missouri’s youth.
- The candidate must have demonstrated a continued commitment to their own professional and musical growth through active membership in professional organizations.
- All materials and letters of recommendation must be submitted online at www.mmea.net
- All applications and materials must be submitted by December 1.
- A nomination and a minimum of three letters of endorsement must be submitted online.
- The person initiating the nomination must be a member of NAfME and may not be one of the three endorsers. However, the nominator must provide a brief explanation of purpose for their nomination.
- The person initiating the nomination should gather all materials from recommenders and submit all materials online.
- A letter of receipt of submission will be sent to all nominators from the administrator of the award process, stating a timetable for notification of selection.
- The administrator of the award process shall notify the nominator of an incomplete submission. The committee chair is not obligated to accept late nomination materials.