2019 MMEA Hall of Fame Award Nomination Form
MMEA HONOR AWARD
MMEA Hall of Fame Award
OBJECTIVE: To honor any individual who has made a lasting or enduring impact on the stature and /or condition of music education in the state of Missouri.
1. Any individual who has made a lasting or endearing impact on the stature and/or condition of music education in the state of Missouri is eligible for consideration. This person may be:
a.) Alive or deceased,
b.) Active or retired from service in the state of Missouri; residency at the time of selection is not a pre-requisite.
2. The candidate must have demonstrated, over an extended period of time, the ability to positively impact the personal and/or musical development of Missouri’s youth.
3. The candidate must have demonstrated a continued commitment to their own professional and musical growth through active membership in professional organizations.
- All materials and letters of recommendation should be submitted online through the MMEA Website.
- A nomination and a minimum of three letters of endorsement shall be submitted online by December 1 of the year preceding the induction.
- The person initiating the nomination must be a member of NAfME/MMEA and may not be one of the three endorsers. However, the nominator must supply a brief explanation of purpose for their nomination.
- The person initiating the nomination should gather all materials from recommenders and submit all materials online.
- A letter of receipt of submission will be sent to all nominators, stating a timetable for notification of selection.
- The committee chair shall notify the nominator of an incomplete submission. The committee chair is not bound to accept late nomination materials.